Sunday, March 6, 2011

3 Days Down....11+ to go!

Hi There Everyone!

So I was finally admitted on Friday, and as much as I am soglad to be getting this over with, I was kind of hoping for one last weekend at home with the kiddos! But this is a good thing, I'm hopefully in the final stages of this treatment and other than follow up visits with my doctors, can look forward to a nice long break from procedures, hospital stays and sickness!

I had my two days of Chemo Friday night and Saturday night and other than IV fluids up the waazoo today, it was a considered a day of "rest". I guess they consider getting up 20+ times a day dragging an IV pole to pee "rest"!  (Haha!) But its important  to flush out the yuckiness of the chemo so its worth it!

They have me on a TON of meds to prevent viral, bacterial and fungal infections, anti-nausea meds,  and meds to prevent mouth sores. I've been told though that typically by day 5, I can expect the side effects to kick in. Hopefully it won't be too bad!

So tomorrow I get my Stem Cells back. I'm interested to see how that is all going to work. I've been told the preservative they store them in smells pretty bad (like creamed corn or artichokes....Haha!) I'll be sure to keep you posted on my progress. I've been told to expect a 2-3 week stay, so I'm hoping its closer to2 weeks but I'm aware it could be a bit longer.

The room is really nice here, though for those who visited me on the 21st floor, not nearly as nice as that! I've attached some pics below. We tried to make the room as homey as possible! Thanks again for all the love via phone calls, emails, facebook and calls to my parents checking in. I feel the love and its because of all of you I'm fighting so hard!

Talk Soon!

xoxoxoxo,
Tara :0)

Yes, that is Bug Bug and Ra Ra for those who remember Ty and Lindsey's lovies!!



My wall of pictures!

My Favorite Visitor!

My View

7 comments:

  1. Tara, Amy and I think of you guys often. If there is anyone with a more positive attitude, we've never met them. Keep your spirits up and remember we are here for you. We love you guys and give your favorite visitor a hug too. I can see he's been a huge support for you.

    Love, Amy and Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't believe your gonna miss my birthday!!! I guess it will be ok as long as the present you get me is you being cured. Be strong and we are all praying for you.
    Love Rusty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tara,

    Hope all is better than well for you...the wall of pictures is great because you have your family there at all times of the day! Little Noah is not too far from where you are and the both of you are getting the best care from the best medical hospital in the country. Stay strong, for you are that and more!

    The Bukowski Family

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending you lots of hope and love! Don't ever forget how amazing and strong you are!

    -Elise

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi my friend.... I'm thinking of you constantly and I hope this goes by fast for you. Stay strong.... you have so many people praying for you. Love you! Erin
    btw... Kev looks hot in the mask ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well on the bright side of things...you'll miss hockey tryouts! LOL....seriously if you need anything pleeaaaase let us know. good thoughts and vibes coming your way a thousand times a day!! Luv, The Leborgnes

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are Amazing Tara! I love the wall of pics..what a great way to keep a smile on your face. Hoping for minimal side affects and a short stay! Sending all our love and prayers to you from the Curriers!

    ReplyDelete