Thursday, March 17, 2011

Tick Tock, Tick Tock......

Can you hear that?

Its the second hand of my noisy hospital room clock going, going, going....

Counting down the seconds, the minutes, the hours until I can bust outta here! We can see the light at the end of the tunnel...its gettting there....so close! Sunday! Unless something crazy happens, I can go home Sunday!! You can't see me, but I'm doing the crazy bald lady happy dance right now! =0)

My counts are doing great, I'm doing great, and I  just need to stay fever free for the next 2 days and I'm good! Its been hard staring out the window and seeing how gorgeous it is outside! I've literally been in a 10x8 room without leaving for a nanosecond for 2 full weeks!  And for the most part it really hasn't been THAT bad, except of course missing my family like mad. But these last couple days have been killing me. I have to keep reminding myself I've come so far and I'm SO close!!
Tyler's hockey team had their last tryout tonight and I have been a wreck the last 2 days wondering if Ty would get cut or one of his teammates would....Its crazy how obsessive one can be when you have nothing but time on your hands. I had every awful scenario planned out in my head. In the end all was fine, all the kiddos (including Ty) made the team again AND we added some great new players. Nothing to worry about! But I did! They play their next playoff game this Saturday so if everyone could send some good luck vibes to them that would be great!

Tomorrow will be an exciting day as my counts should be high enough that I get hall privileges, so I can suit up in mask and gloves and walk the halls of my floor. SUPER exciting...hahaha. I asked the nurse if I could please, please, please walk just to a door way and take a gulp of fresh air and she said they would put an alarm bracelet on me to keep me away from the elevator because I'm "One of THOSE patients" I don't know if that was a good thing ;0)

I had a few more visitors these last couple days and they were much needed! Love you Uncle Al, Auntie Gemma, Erin, Suz, Darren, Christina, Kev, Mom and Dad! I saw a rainbow out  my window on Wed, so I know my 2 beautiful angel cousins Jamie and Ashley are keeping watch over me as well! And to everyone else, Thanks again for all your cards, calls, emails, texts, facebooks, etc. I know trucking into Boston isn't feasbile for most, but honestly your well wishes truly are the BEST medicine and as always I'm so touched by your love. Please know the feeling is mutual!!!

I leave you with a picture of Drew, since he was left out in my last post! He's doing his superhero "Super Get Well Mommy" vibes pose. Isn't he so stinking cute? I'm a lucky girl!!

Lots of Love!
xoxoxo
Tara =0)


P.S. Happy Birthday to my gorgeous nephew Cole! And Happy St. Patrick's Day from the O'Whiting Family!

2 comments:

  1. He is so cute!! SPIDERMAN to the rescue! If you have to wear masks out in public....I can pick you up some pretty cute ones. I live in Taiwan right now and people where them for everything! You have the papermasks, then the cloth masks. (the cloth masks you can get in any color.....talk to me I'll for sure get you some and send them to you!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tara! What great news that you will be going home Sunday! You are so inspiring and such a gift to everyone around you!

    Lots of love,

    Maureen K

    ReplyDelete