Saturday, March 26, 2011

8 Years Ago Today.....

I know I started this blog to keep you all updated on my progress, but today is a special day so please allow me to digress a bit!

8 years ago today, my life changed in a beautiful way when my daughter Lindsey was born. I had dreamed my whole life of having a daughter, I think both since I'm so close to my Mom, and because I never had a sister, I craved that mother-daughter bond. I was so excited when I found out I was having a little girl, and my dreams came true March 26th, 2003 at 6:30pm.

She was gorgeous, with dark eyes and a ton of dark hair. She was an easy baby, always full of smiles and rarely fussy. She was a Mommy's girl, always wanting me to hold her, and be near her. She adored her big brother and loved to be the center of attention. As she grew, her funny little personality bloomed. She reminds me so much of myself, she's bubbly, and chatty and loves to make people laugh. She's a little performer and since the age of 2 has been fearlessly dancing or cheering her heart out on stage. She loves to sing and dance and dress up in girly clothes. She's sensitive and thoughtful and everything I could want in my little girl.

As some of you know, around the time I was diagnosed with my cancer, Lindsey was also having her own medical issues. She was diagnosed with ulcerative colitits. She's been so brave and strong throughout her ordeal and has never once complained about all she's been going through. Seven year olds aren't supposed to have to go for bloodwork every week. Seven year olds are not supposed to have a colonoscopy. They are not supposed to have to swallow eleven pills a day. But Lindsey has done all that and more and done so with her usual bright smile and positive spirit. She's never asked "why her" or seemed resentful of the cards she was dealt. She's been a much stronger person than I have been and I can't begin to say how proud I am of her and the lessons she's taught me in how to deal with a rotten situation with grace! The Whiting girls had a rough few months, but we're both feeling so much better and looking forward to our healthy future.

Today, I'd like to take a moment to celebrate the beautiful little girl who has graced my life in so many ways, who makes me smile every day, who I am so proud of, and who makes my world a much better place just because she is in it. These last 8 years have been so much fun, and I can't wait to see what the future holds for us!!

Lindsey Paige, I love you and your beautiful smile so much!!!

Happy Birthday!!























4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, strong, sweet, generous, kind, and more.... the Whiting Ladies are a force to be reckoned with!

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Lindsey!!!!
    Love, the Downeys

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly have had "your time on the merry go round of life"....the strength,dignity and sense of humor with which you have dealt with it all is such an inspiration for all of us. Soon you will step off and it will all be behind you. Thank you for sharing it all with us and reminding us what real family love and strength can conquer.
    Happy Birthday Lindsey!! Love, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dont even know what to say, but that was very touching Tara and my prayers and hugs n kisses go out to you, your precious daughter, and family. XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tara, how sweet and touching. Lives change when our children are born- we find out what life really means, and what we are really made of. We find that even though our children are 'brand new' they offer us the biggest lessons in life, and teach us more than we ever thought possible. Happy anniversary to you on having your daughter- happy birthday to Lindsey! Hugs, Pat Dumont

    ReplyDelete