Saturday, January 29, 2011

Home (and 10lbs heavier!)

Hi Everyone!

Well after being bumped on Thursday, I was finally called with a room assignment on Friday afternoon. My mom and I dropped of Drew with the in-laws and headed down. Since I needed 3 hrs of fluids before they would start the Chemo, and then we had to wait for the Pharmancy to send it up, I didn't start with the Chemo until almost 10pm! Needless to say that made for a VERY long evening. Between running to the bathroom every 45 minutes or so due to all the fluids (dragging my friendly IV pole with me!) and the nurses coming in to change my IV bags, I had little sleep.  But the goood news was they decided I only needed one Chemo treatment, so we were on the road home by noon on Saturday. The bad news is I was weighed on Friday and then again Saturday a few hrs before I left and had gained 10 lbs! Its fluid weight, so I should get rid of it all in the next couple days, but it still wasn't fun seeing the weight creeping up again!

I also got my Nuprogen shots, which will cause my Stem Cells to start mass producing so we can collect the 5-10 million I'll need for the transplant. I'll start taking them tomorrow for the next 10 days. Since I need such a large dose for the extra production, and the shots only come with smaller dosages, I have to give myself 3 shots a day! Yikes! Just call me the human pin cushion! Rumor has it these shots can cause pretty yucky bone pain too....but I'm hoping I can avoid this side effect since I've been lucky with everything else. I'll keep you posted! ;0)

But I'm hanging at my Parent's now, sitting by the fire, and Mom is cooking dinner. I'm feeling good, just a little tired so all is well! Back to Boston on Friday for a DRs appt and Tues for the first day of collection so I'll enjoy my non-eventful few days before then! Unless of course we get that nasty snow storm they are predicting Tues-Thurs and then it may not be so non-eventful!

Talk Soon!

xoxo
Tara

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tara!
    I am glad you are doing this - so we can keep tabs on you. I am thinking of you lots & can't wait til we can get together & go shopping - hee hee! I will keep sending you positive thoughts & prayers!
    Let me know when I can send soup to Kevin & the kids. Hopefully we can talk soon.
    Love ya!
    Dina

    ReplyDelete