Friday, April 1, 2011

I'm Famous in Las Vegas!

Hi Everyone!

So Happy April Fools Day! Mother Nature certainly got her "joke" in on us this year didn't she? But hopefully it will melt quickly and we can officially start spring....

So I forgot to share earlier that on my first day in the hospital when I was having my PICC line inserted, a photographer from the Las Vegas Sun (their big daily paper) was doing a story on MGH and patient safety and they asked if they could take a couple pictures. I said yes, why not, it was Las Vegas and no one I knew would ever see the pictures. The photographer must have taken 100 shots, thanked me and left. I completely forgot about it until Kev mentioned it yesterday. I decided to pull up the paper and see if they ever ran my Pics and this is what I found.....

http://www.lasvegassun.com/photos/galleries/2011/mar/27/tale-two-hospitals/88170/

http://www.lasvegassun.com/photos/galleries/2011/mar/27/tale-two-hospitals/88176/

Okay, so I'm convinced the photographer hated me. Seriously? 100 pictures and this is the best you can come up with? The second one cracks me up, its like they asked a 3 year old to say "cheese!" Not sure why I'm sharing them because they are so funny, but looks like I can never show my face in Vegas! ;0)

Anyway, all kidding aside, just wanted to check in and let you all know I'm doing well, I saw my DR on Wed and my numbers looked great so he doesn't need to see me for 2 weeks! I did end up catching the cold that has been running through the family, but so far its pretty mild so they aren't doing anything for it unless it gets worse, and hopefully it will pass quickly...

As of next Wed, April 6th I can leave the house again and let me tell you how excited I am for that restriction to be lifted!! Its been a month since I've been out to a Target, the mall, a grocery store, the school, a restaurant, anywhere except 2 trips to my Mom's and my in-laws. I am going stir crazy!!! I've had to miss so many things being stuck homebound, family parties, the hockey championship game, Lindsey's first play....but its for a very good reason and I'll stop whining about it!

I'm leaving you wth a couple pictures of Lindsey in costume for the critically acclaimed play "EEE I, EEE I OOPS!" She was a chick, can you tell? The play was adorable...Kev and Roz recorded it for me so I did get to see most of it at home! Drew decided to get in on the act by donning a chick hat. Aren't they cute? =0)

Hope you all are well, hope to see you soon, and keep the well wishes coming, they are working like a charm!!

xoxoxo
Tara




1 comment:

  1. Well, that just takes the cake! All of those photos and these are published. It's quite alright, you know, because even though you don't like them, they're still pretty good :)
    Not many get to say they're published in Sin City! Hope that cold clears up real soon for you Tara, and won't it be great to be liberated~ woo hoo !! Love the photos of the kiddos! Keep blogging, we'll keep sending love and healing thoughts and prayers. So happy to be in touch with you on your journey. Love and blessings,
    Pat Dumont

    ReplyDelete